Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Incognito

October 1st, 2009
6:00 PM
How Yang Chinese Restaurant
Perdices Street, Dumaguete City




A few more days of thinking is bound to do me some good. I still haven't decided 100% as to what I really want to do.
I actually came here because I had a burger craving...they're the same people behind the famous burgers from "Taster's Delight". Eating this burger, and pronto, was all I could think about this morning.
And so, I had that...all it's childhood memory-inducing "mayo-loaded" magic... The exquisite delight of biting into it and savoring it reminded me of how the feared food critic must've have felt like when he bit into Remy the Rat's "Ratatouille", of the movie of the same name. (Oh, it must have been heavenly!).


------------- 


How Yang has the best ambience when you want to do some thinking. This restaurant has nice, ergonomic chair and table sets, good lighting as well as subdued music. Very satisfactory. 


I'm a big fan of bright lights and wide-open spaces... and would think of myself rightfully saddened if placed in cramped, dark areas with not a hint of breeze and seemingly no hope of society.
------------ 


Although I sometimes wish to remain incognito and do my reading in peace, I find that I cannot always do so.  There will always be someone I could run into, asking about me, and exchanging pleasantries will always be the norm. This does not bother me much, although, I do prefer not be called by the title of Doctor, when I'm dressed in jean shorts, a ratty t-shirt and rubber thongs. 


I do recall a time when I was quietly devouring a cup of Takoyaki (Squid) balls in a corner of a busy busy side store, when suddenly, a nurse from the hospital I used to work at addressed me with a smile (no less), "Why, Dr. M____, it's you!" I remember smiling sheepishly, a tad embarrassed at having been found in less dignified a manner.
--------- 


      Making major decisions is not something I take lightly...it usually takes me a while. I hope I make it in time, though. 
----------- 


      I am simply amazed by the unrelenting efforts of our countrymen. After relief, there will be a need for rehabilitation. Those who have given their time, effort and resources are the real heroes.


      And, I think Gerald Anderson is a dream. :-) Such daring, such heroism... (gushing, here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate