Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Hot and Cold

At People's Park in The Sky, Tagaytay, Batangas, where it was cooooold. and visibility was nearly zero. :-)

I liked the Amphitheater idea. ( Imelda Marcos had this "palace-type" place built in th 70's for President Ronald Reagan's visit to the Philippines...guess what, he cancelled. The place never got finished. 

Taho was the only warm thing in that cold, foggy, wet place. If i weren't such a romanticist, i would have signed it off as a bad idea to go, but since i am, i totally thought it was a new experience. it was so dang chilly there! kinda like Baguio, but wetter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Venus come out of a....Pineapple?
(haha...kidding of course.)

A dried up wishing well. People still throw coins into it for sentimental value... as the "esteemed tourist", I had to drop my own. *i wished for my heart's desire to be happy.* :-)

That's Taal Volcano (yes, and it's at level 2 warning) in the distance, "A volcano within a lake..." (Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres said something else, but this was the gist of it. Her words sounded prettier though).

Taal Lake...within toe-dipping distance.
(It's so hot here, and to think that chilly and foggy place was just an hour away.)

Not a lot of new stuff to read this week....i've been too tired to sit down and just write.

This hasn't been a very good (and by that, I mean, leisurely) week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate