Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Coffee troubles

The effects of caffeine can be felt most strongly 6 hours after ingestion…which is when the caffeine is at its highest levels in the bloodstream.

 

I read that back when I was medical school. And I read some more of it here.

 

But my point is, I’m having a hard time sleeping now, because earlier tonight, when I was at this Singaporean coffee place, I had a couple of cups of brewed coffee one after the other. Don’t get me wrong, I like the taste and everything of coffee, but I only usually just drink one cup a day…and that’s usually in the morning.

 

And I don’t like this state of being awake, but not being able to think clearly. I hate working late at night…I’m a morning person, and this whacked up sleeping schedule is totally driving me bonkers.

 

It’s a perpetual state of awake “blankness”. I tried to doze off earlier on the couch but to no avail. I think I only got me a 20 minute “power nap” for my troubles.

 

Clarity of mind from coffee? So not true. For me, at least. And not tonight.

 

(Grand rounds anxiety? You bet. I’m actually scared. I need someone to make it all go away. and pronto.)

 

Sad smile

 

~ S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate