Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Video: I Bruise Easily


I heard this song back when I was in Med School. I've always liked it, maybe even more than her other songs. It's pretty heavy, but I like her styling. :-)


And so I saw it again a couple of weeks on MTV, and i liked the video very much.


"There's a mark in me, like a love heart, carved on a tree..." :-) (such pretty lyrics. )


The video on MTV was about a geisha, coming home from work, peeling her makeup off layer by layer...until she was down to her own bare self. Very much like taking one's own "layers" off, defenses down, and revealing oneself to someone they love. After everything's said and done, you're left at your most vulnerable, as if to say, "Hey, this is me, this is all I have...will you still love me anyway?"


:-) 


But the song itself...well, People are people, and no matter how strong they appear to be, there will always be something that will wound them deep...or even easily. No one should be "more hurtable" than others, because once you really get down to it, everyone bruises easily, they probably just have different ways of showing it.


Love, 


S.




I Bruise Easily lyrics

My skin is like a map
Of where my heart has been
And I cant hide the marks
but its not a negative thing
So I let down my guard
Drop my defences down by my clothes
I'm learning to fall
With no safety net to cushion the blow

I bruise easily
So be gentle when you handle me
Theres a mark you leave
Like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily
Can't scratch the surface
Without moving me underneath
I bruise easily
I bruise easily

I found your fingerprints
[ From : http://www.elyrics.net/read/n/natasha-bedingfield-lyrics/i-bruise-easily-lyrics.html ]
On a glass of wine
Do you know you're leaving them
All over this heart of mine too
But if I never take this leap of faith
I'll never know
So im learning to fall
With no safety net to cushion the blow

[Chorus]

Anyone who can touch you
Can hurt you or heal you
Anyone who can reach you
Can love you or leave you

So be gentle
so be gentle
so be gentle

[Chorus]

I bruise easily
I bruise easily




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate