Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Strictly "invites only" affair...

HOME.

The other night, my best friend and her classmate invited me to the French film festival at the Shang in EDSA. Apparently, it was an exclusive invites-only affair for the Allianz des Francaise, with everyone all dressed up in formal and semi-formal finery.
We didn’t know anyone (well, I did, I saw one of my old college schoolmate who was there, but I doubt if she were part of the organizers), so we decided to cook up some excuse as to why we should be there. One storyline was that we were film students from UP… another was that we were there as connoisseurs…

(laughs) In the end, we didn’t need to do any of that…we just managed to sneak in anyway, but following a couple of dignitaries who were followed by the press. We pretended to be part of the press people and snapped our way in too (of course, I had my camera with me.).

We of course didn’t mean any disrespect to the organizers, but since we admission was free, we decided to give it a go. We just about had enough seats for 3, and no one complained, so all in all, it was one adventure that we were glad to have undertaken.

Great visuals, great narration…the only environmental movie that I’ve seen so far that’s not too overbearingly pessimistic. An Inconvenient Truth was abruptly frank, and scary, but this one was refreshing in that, not only did it have the best visuals I’ve seen so far, it was vividly clear and very representative of our Earth and the environment today. Unlike the other film, they showed things to be positive about, such as advances in Carbon processing in Denmark, work done by non-government agencies,wind farms, the use of solar energy... I could go on and on.

The Shang

Some celebs we saw at the opening ceremonies.

Alex De Rossi is pretty and photographs well.
I was star-struck...he was the Best Director at Cannes! :-p

The dignitaries in their finery...well,some of them, anyway.:-p

French films at the Shang.

I like foreign films., and films in general. So this was a perfect way to cap a day.

The movie was made by a French photographer who made aerial shots of different places all over the world. I read before that this was one of the most expensive projects ever undertaken. I didn’t know that they would be showing this particular film, so I feel extremely lucky for having seen it that night.

My friend was optimistic that they wouldn’t throw us out once we were seated.:-p


-----------------

I had this revelation earlier this morning after church… an epiphany of sorts. Nowadays, when I have a problem, or if something is troubling me…I usually think now that whatever problem I’m facing is usually just temporary and if anything, quite trivial.

Growing up gives you a better vantage point on things…and lately, I’ve realized that disappointments will always be there, and whatever stupid things you do can be chalked off as a learning experience.

I honestly don’t know how to articulate this, but coming to this realization has made it easier for me to deal with the nuances of daily living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate