Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

FireFlowers

I heard the booms in the distance earlier tonight.

I went out on the balcony to see the night sky in the distance alight with fireworks. Beautiful bursts of colorful light, an animated show of fire and scientific chemical work. J I enjoyed the show very much. It was breezy up there on the terrace, and since I was wearing just a light shirt, it felt a little chilly and I had to wrap my arms around myself.

The show went on over there in the distance… pretty bursts in greens, reds, oranges and yellows…and mini-pops of multiple purples… I had to smile. Paris isn't the city of lights…tonight, Manila was. J

They were like fireflowers.

And they made me feel lonely.

------


 

I've been watching Grey's Anatomy Season 6 for a few days on and off now.

It's a pretty addictive series…and I always want to know how every character develops, and how it all ends. And when you get there, you'll be like, "Whoa…", with a breath of exultation. Or some other similar feeling.

(I always did love stories.)

It makes me cry too…and makes me remember certain things. A friend laughed at me one time for crying at one of the scenes. I couldn't help it, Cristina Yang was talking about death and how it was going to hurt every day whenever you think of them until one day, you'll remember them, but then it won't hurt anymore, you'll remember the good memories.

I miss my grandfather. It still hurts when I think of him. I don't know how long it's going to be before I'll only just smile in acceptance when I'll remember him.

------

I agree with a friend of mine. Grey's Anatomy can get pretty melodramatic. (Life in the hospital isn't probably that dramatic, and the doctors aren't always very good looking, and we don't always get to have great sex in the call rooms. haha)

It's just like…guilty fare. You don't really need to watch it to learn medicine (accurately), but the drama is entertaining enough.

------

I have really learned a lot these past few weeks, learning under mentors has been so unbelievably invigorating that I feel that I've made the right choice. I'll always want to learn something new and useful from somebody who knows more about something than me…so I can teach it to someone too.

I'm right where I want to be…even if it gets a little lonely sometimes.

The chief resident told us that the pre-residency training was relatively lighter because they wanted to "entice" applicants to join the program. The real work was going to start in January. There was a big probability that we were all going to be around for it.

That would mean we would have duties every 6 days…IF we all took care of each other.

----

Dr. Jackson Avery on Grey's Anatomy reminds me of Doctor Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate