Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Day Manila [Almost] Stood Still

This was my first Holy Week in Manila. Usually, where I'm from, after we do the early morning Via Crucis (Way of the Cross) with the family (and pretty much everyone in town), we spend the time at home, everything is just laid back, and somewhat solemn.

I had just gotten off work, and I wanted to feel a little bit of the Good Friday spirit, so I decided to go to the closest church that I liked, Malate Church. As usual, a trip is never complete without pictures. Here's a bit of how it all looked, just a few snapshots here and there. :-) 

Taft Avenue, Manila at 5PM. (Believe it or not.) (April 22, 2011)

The Outpatient Department of my Hospital. (It's so strange to see these chairs without PEOPLE.)  (April 22, 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate