Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

 
August 12, 2011. Sunrise over Ermita. Photo by: Sonia.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in 
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


e e cummings 

------------------------------------------ 

It was one of those early mornings when the sun was just slowly peeking through the clouds, eager to do its "morning rounds"when I took this picture. A few seconds later it had gotten too bright...and the light had become too harsh for my taste. I personally love orange sunrises...they inspire poetry. And what better poetry than e.e. cummings, whose particular simple verse evokes...stirrings.

I've always loved this e.e. cummings poem. It's rightfully corny, I suppose. :-) But I just like the idea of being of one breath, being of one heart and being one in mind with the one I love (which is the superficial interpretation). Love is when the other person matters more than you, as equally as you.

somewhere along that line, i suppose. :-p 

They say that romantic love is at its most intense when it is in the danger of being unrequited...

What do I think about it?

I don't really know. Sometimes we like to believe in cotton-candy spun dreams and tales of love...but sometimes a picture of a beautiful thing like sunrise beginnings could only be just that, a picture.

There are times when I brazenly scoff in jest that i've had enough of love ("...and all that bull-shet":-p), but really, deep inside (and in my blogger's heart), that sunrises are beautiful for a purpose, beautiful so as to inspire.

SO there.

------ 

And yes, I had a happy birthday. it was simply a happy day. With a perfect sunrise. :-)

Love, 

S. 

p.s. sunrises and poetry make me feel like mush... an evil combination. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate