Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Photo: The Puppy Dragon


I was halfway through reading about the psychodynamics of Schizophrenia, when Trina burst in the third year room, where I was currently staying.

 “Why are you here?” she asked.

“Well, there’s a big table, the lighting is way better…and no one’s using this table.” I grinned.
(I have a thing about space…I need lots and lots of it.)

So anyway, I stuck the green highlighter in the book to mark the page and turned to her for an impromptu girl talk session…which lasted for a few minutes, but, as with all girl talk sessions, was full of useful insight (that I may or may not use, of course). J

We were talking about the upcoming tentative orals, the SCP (Social and Community Psychiatry) exam results, and well, boys.

Girls will be girls…the call room could pass for a dorm full of high school girls trading stories about love and other adventures, instead of being just a workplace for doctors. I don’t suppose it’s a far-fetched idea, as our business is talking, and it helps to “talk it out” and get debriefed every once in a while.

So anyway, I told her about me seeing this young doctor that I had a crush on last year because he was tall, with boyish good looks and had a thing for fountain pens (like me!). He was visiting his friend and former groupmate, who was also my co-resident, and so I got to “meet-and-greet” him for a few minutes before I headed back to work. *kilig* He was a nice guy, always smiling, always “bright and shiny”…just the way I remembered him last year. He was apparently, one of the smartest guys of his class, and underwent a special program in medical school. But other than that, he was just this tall, cute dude. I remembered sending Meemz a text message, saying that I just had the funniest case of the heebie-jeebies, grinning.

(Well, I got back to studying of course…no choice eh.)

She told me in the morning that he had felt the same, and that last year, he had been in a dilemma as to whether he should’ve given me a present or something. LOL… but he didn’t, and nothing happened because well, it wasn’t meant to be like that. And besides, I was pretty much in the teacher role, and he was my student, being the resident that I am.

So anyway, I thought nothing of it, and then I turned my full attention back to Trina, who was giving me hints and telling me I should try dating a guy who, “didn’t look good on paper”. She was giving me subtle hints (which weren’t so subtle, because she and I both knew who she was talking about, haha), and was telling me that I could give it a chance, this dating thing.

She said that he was a really nice guy (he is), and that he was going to treat me right (I’m sure). Haha. But I told her that I’d think about it, but I really wasn’t the type who could be coerced into doing something… I mean, if I wanted to do something, I would, but not otherwise, especially not, deciding who to date. But then again, my choices in men in the past have been less than stellar, so maybe one of these days, I just might try her suggestion…

(Some guys you like, some guys you like-like. You know what I mean?)

J
Bottomline is, if somebody really wanted me (and wanted to date me), they’d need to put in a little more effort. I’m too busy (or too dense) to be bothered…and I really don’t like guess work, or unanswered questions anymore.

I want to be swept off my feet. I want to be won.

…and I also want to pass this week’s oral exams.


So there. J

Love,

S.



P.S. I got this present from one of my good friends this morning. He handed it to me in a little baggie, as well as some goodies from his trip abroad over the weekend:

Me: “What do you think it is?”
Him: “It’s a puppy, it’s jade.”
Me: “Are you sure? I think it’s something else.” (turning it around in my fingers, liking the smooth sides)
Him: I think it’s a puppy dragon. J I wonder what sound it makes…
Me: (laughing, remembering the previous joke)
Him: Do you know what a dragon sounds like?
Me: Well, it goes something like…..(pause) Uhh, I’d rather not say....

Hehe. Anyway…it was fun. Now I better go back to doing my job. By the way, thanks to Sir Reggie for the insightful expressive psychotherapy earlier this morning, and the importance of discipline. #schoolnotes #withhonors





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate