Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tired

March 29,2009

12:36 AM 

It was just one of those days…they don’t come often.

 But when they do, I can’t seem to muster the strength to get out of bed to face the world.

 Some days, I just can’t.

 Today was one of them.

 Maybe this was a long time coming…but lately, I haven’t been myself. There is something that’s lacking, something I feel is essential to myself being whole again. Today I had a fever, a bit of a runny nose, a cough, and body pains. On normal days, I would have forced myself to just get up and pop a paracetamol and down it with lots of juice and get going…

 Today wasn’t a normal day, of course. I knew it from the moment I woke up. I was tired and drained and not willing at all to face what lay ahead at work, even if it was only for 4 hours today (it being a Saturday). Do you know that feeling when you’re so tired, you can’t even budge a muscle? Well, I felt like that.  I didn’t even feel like I wanted to move any muscle at all.

 Maybe I’m suffering from the daily drudgery of work…maybe I’m bored, or maybe I’m just tired of being taken for granted…heck, it’s even tiring to sit up straight while typing this up…

 It doesn’t feel right to tell it all to a close friend…it’s more than that. Writing about it online is also something I can’t do. Times like these, I need a bit of a pep talk.

 A “ juicy fruit gum”  just won’t do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Translate